Hot chocolate with rosemary, honey & hazelnut
Ingredients (for 2 gourmands or 4 people)300ml hazelnut milk (from the organic supermarket or homemade )
60g drinking chocolate (at least 70%)
1 tsp honey
1 small sprig of rosemary
- Put the rosemary and hazelnut milk in a saucepan and cover with the lid.
- Heat the milk until it starts to boil. Now switch off the stove and leave the pot on the stovetop for about 45 minutes until it has completely cooled down.
- You can then remove the sprig of rosemary from the milk and heat the milk again until it is almost boiling again.
- You can then set the plate to a low temperature and let the milk continue to simmer.
- Now add the hot chocolate and honey to the warm milk and stir until you get an even mass. Mixing will take longer if you're using chocolate bars than if you're using prepared drinking chocolate. In any case, we recommend using real (drinking) chocolate instead of cocoa powder. The hot chocolate tastes much better with real chocolate!
- You can then decorate your hazelnut chocolate with pieces of hazelnut and some rosemary.
Good to know
Depending on whether you have decided to make the recipe for two or four people, you can fill your drink into large or small cups. However, keep in mind that this is a fairly intense recipe. So if you like it a little less intense or there are several of you, you can simply add some hazelnut milk 😉.
Do you find fine chocolate exciting? Then our chocolate tasting team event might also be interesting for you. Just stop by :-)