Drinking chocolate with Earl Gray & strawberries
Ingredients (for 2 thirsty or 4 people)250ml oat milk (or milk of your choice, we like the recipe with oat milk)
30g (drinking) chocolate (at least 60-70%)
1 heaped tbsp Earl Gray tea (in a bag)
20g freeze-dried strawberries
- Place the strawberries, Earl Gray and milk in a saucepan with the lid on.
- Heat the mixture until it starts bubbling, then turn off the heat and let the saucepan sit on the stovetop for 45 minutes. The Earl Gray should be removed after about 15 minutes.
- Now you can put the hot chocolate in the (still lukewarm) pot and stir well. By the way: if you have any "old" chocolate left over, you can turn it into drinking chocolate. You should simply chop the chocolate into smaller pieces and put them in the pot.
- Next, use a blender (we've found this to be easiest with a hand blender) to combine the milk, strawberries, and chocolate.
- Now bring the hot chocolate to bubble again, stir and take it off the stove again.
Good to know
Depending on whether you have intended the hot chocolate for two or four people, you can pour it into large or small cups. However, it should be noted that since the drinking chocolate tastes very intense, it could be a bit much for two people 😉. Nevertheless, we look forward to ambitious chocolate lovers and wish you a good appetite in any case!
PS: you love really good chocolate? Then our chocolate tasting team events could also be interesting for you.